- Yes. I’ve been a day behind all week. But that’s pretty good relative to the last two or three weeks. Let’s not look a gift horse in the mouth, huh?
- Wednesday after school I was upstairs in my computer lab when Samoa experience a small earthquake. I’d guess 4-ish on the Richter Scale. In any case, I think my lab is the only second-story classroom at my school that’s retrofitted for earthquakes. And it held up well.
- During Tuesday’s gleeful 9.2 science session, I realized 361 and 961 are both perfect squares. Does that seem suspicious to anyone else?
- After thinking this through, I now see that many perfect squares have a difference divisible by 100: 576 and 676, 484 and 784, 529 and 729, etc. It’s all just (x + y)(x - y) where one of the multiplicands is divisible by 50. Or when they’re both divisible by 10. Nerd alert.
- Sorry, Barb.
- Does humidity help with joint flexibility? I can touch my toes way easier here than I could in America. Thoughts?
- I find it’s starting to get easier to miss things now that America is on the horizon. Jeopardy! was brought up twice today. I can’t wait to watch Jeopardy!.
- For those keeping track at home, 3 of my 4 Letters of Recommendation have been received by law school people. I just need that last one, and I can start submitting applications to schools. Raise your hand if you want to proofread my personal statement.
- To those of you who’ve emailed me from Point Loma Nazarene University, I am going to try and get to your questions in the next couple days, but there are a lot of you. So hold tight.
- Weezer’s new album, “Hurley”, is better than there last, “Raditude”. But then again, you could make arguments that Justin Beiber has put out albums better than “Raditude”. Yeah, I said it.
- Paul has got me on this new kick listening to songs by The 88s and a bunch of stuff by The Hold Steady. Thanks, dude.
- Also, I discovered earlier last week that the mystery song I’ve had in my head for, seriously, the past 2+ years is The Verve’s “Lucky Man”. I never listen to The Verve, but I saw them at a music festival in April 2008, and I guess the song must have stuck with me.
- Sorry. Last music bullet. This American Life played Shakira’s “Pies Descalzos, Sueños Blancos” at the end of a recent episode. It was enough to inspire me to buy the whole album. No buyer’s remorse here.
- I waited and waited to open this new pair of glasses because I was worried the anti-reflective coating would fall victim to the humidity before I left. Call it a self-fulfilling prophesy, call it what you will. Half the right lens has peeled off. Oh well.
Miss I Love Samoa's Beachwear.
Miss McDonald's Beachwear. She won.
Another of Miss McDonald's.
Miss Apaula Heights' Traditionalwear.
Miss Australia's Traditionalwear.
Miss New Zealand's Tradtionalwear.
Miss Apaula Heights' Eveningwear.
Miss Australia's Eveningwear.
Miss New Zealand's Eveningwear.