- Two weeks ago, I received an email inviting me to attend a circuit-training class at a local gym here in Apia. It was only after I agreed the class was revealed to be ADF: Aerobic Dance Fitness. I was put off by the ideas of aerobics and dance, picturing some sort of cross between Sweatin’ to the Oldies and Jazzercise, but already having committed myself, I attended. All I can say is it was quite the workout. In addition to the ridiculous Fame-style moments, there’s a whole lot of weight endurance. For days after I didn’t have full use of my left tricep on account of soreness. Since then, I’ve attended twice more, and I have to admit I enjoy it. It’s me and a bunch of women, but I’m not complaining.
- No really. I can’t get enough “Waka Waka”. A month since the World Cup has ended, and the song is still all the rage in Samoa.
- When I assigned the my hand-picked reporters to come up with articles for the school magazine, I gave them until yesterday to give me a final draft. A day after deadline, I’ve received 5 of 9 articles. Then again, yesterday’s blogpost went up a day late. I guess people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
- Monday’s Above The Fold photo was the senior Netball team with Coach Bernie.
- Group 83 is beginning to come out of the woodwork. I’ve heard from 2 newbies already. Anyone else out there showing up for staging October 5?
- Last week a student asked me to type 2 separate documents, which I did in exchange for 2 separate niu. She followed through on her end of the bargain (as did I). All I can say is I should have implemented this policy a year and a half ago.
- Correction: Someone pointed out my ’ie is a little short in this picture. True. The ’ie should cover the knee. My apologies to everyone offended by the sight of my partially exposed knees. Matt’s Samoa Blog regrets the error.
- Answers to Tuesday’s maths workout:
One of my 10.4 students Andrea sharpening her pencil with a boxcutter. Hardcore.
Proof to RPCV John 6 (and Jim 80) I gave the last piece of pizza to the cat.