2009 has been rather unremarkable as of yet. Here are some less than interesting things that have happened since the new year:
- It has been rainy since I arrived back in Apia. It was mostly overcast when I got off the bus yesterday, and then it rained really hard for about 5 hours last night, and then today hasn’t been much different. This has prevented me from doing laundry today so instead I napped.
- Friday night, Phil and I had a laid back evening. We played Connect 4 for a bit. It turns out that you can play two versions of Connect 4; the slow, thinking man’s Connect 4 and the fast, careless Connect 4. We found the latter to be much more exciting.
- There was only one CD in the Savai’i Peace Corps office Friday, Gwen Stefani’s “The Sweet Escape” album. I admit this is a guilty pleasure of mine, and it is perhaps the most exciting development of 2009. It’s just been that great around here.
- I had peanut butter and jelly for dinner last night. One strange thing about grocery shopping in Samoa is that buying in bulk doesn’t necessarily mean paying less; things aren’t necessarily cheaper by the dozen. A 300 ml jar of peanut butter might be $4.80 and the 600 ml jar might be $10.60. It’s weird.
- Really, I can only scrounge around for 4 bullets worth of material. This fifth bullet is simply to point out that 4 bullets really aren’t that many.
In any case, it does feel like January is working toward something, and that’s all I ask of it. I hope things are well. Pictures from Phil’s camera below!
Oh… also, happy birthday, Natasza!
Phil's cousin(?), Onosai. He speaks very little English and doesn't actually understand the what his t-shirt says.
Phil's camera does cool things like this. This is from early training.
For some reason, Blogger insists on posting this picture in portrait though it is shot in landscape. Annoying. Top to bottom: Akanese, Tuese, Me.
Me and Paul. Hotties.
Another landscape to portrait snafu. Top to bottom: AJ, me, Jordan, Chris, Supy, Paul.
Me at the siva in Tafitoala dancing with a lady who asked me to dance.
hope all is well matt! Onosai looks like Rick Fox. Just saying.
i appreciate the fact that you are listening to that gwen stefani album. it has one of our favorite songs on it :)
lol@Onosa'is t-shirt.... love reading your blogs Matt!
Post a Comment