- The cat’s been in a terrible mood lately. Also, she can now jump high enough to walk on the kitchen counters. Also, I think we’ve got a flea problem. Has the cat really been in a terrible mood, or am I projecting? Hard to say.
- I can’t get the Blogger “List Gadget” to post new items to my book list. I finished Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol, his (lame) follow-up to The DaVinci Code, on Tuesday. I started Zadie Smith’s White Teeth yesterday. Three paragraphs in I realized I’ve started the book before. Hopefully I’ll finish it this time around.
- I don’t go by my last name at school. The kids just call me “Matthew” or “Mister”, which is fine with me. It was funny yesterday when one of the new kids in my year 9 class tried to get my attention but didn’t know how to address me. He yelled, “Hey... uhhh... Sir!... ummm... Hey, Matt!” It’s difficult to convey his tone of familiarity, which was hilarious and moderately inappropriate. But it got my attention.
- I haven’t been back to the host village in a really long time. I feel guilty about this.
- Hey Max, I found your comment about “Good to hear KK is still in business” was strange. KK is always busy, and they seem like the shrewdest businesspeople on the island. I would peg them as one of the sturdiest businesses in town. Is there something I’m missing? Did you get the sense they’re on the brink?
- I’ve been craving pepperoni lately—like raw and served on crackers with cheese. And wouldn’t you know it, Farmer Joe had ridiculously cheap pepperoni on sale last Friday, just in time for the World Cup party. It was well-timed.
- I’ve been requesting Third Eye Blind’s “Semi-Charmed Life” a lot lately. Not sure why. I always thought it was pleasant, but never felt passionate about it. But lately I can’t get enough. I’m considering purchasing it on iTunes. That’s passion.
- I got into a conversation last night with a Kiwi who was trying to teach me how to pronounce “Auckland”. “It’s sounds just like the word ‘awkward’,” he said. Of course, once he heard my pronunciation of “Awkward”, he had to teach me how to pronounce that too. It was, well, awkward.
The TV's view.
The breakfast spread.
My view from the couch.
Nice house! BTW, Kiwis pronounce it like 'Oakland.'
that location changed hands twice when i was there, thats what prompted my comment (it was some super awesome gamer cafe that group 78 loved on, ask benj). businessnes have a way of not sticking around for the longterm in the country, is all. what ever happened to The Office or hmm, that bar, bluewave was it?
so what you're saying is there's a song you weren't so sure about and now you love it? that doesn't sound like you at all.
Post a Comment